Who should attend? This course is typically for people who are seeking contractual work in professional forestry, amenity or utility arboriculture.
Who should attend?
This course is typically for people who are seeking contractual work in professional forestry, amenity or utility arboriculture.
This unit is a pre-requisite of Level 3 Award Aerial Cutting of Trees Using Free-fall Techniques (CS39)
What will you learn?
- Understand the legislation relating to tree climbing.
- Identify a range of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) appropriate to work positioning systems.
- Identify hazards and manage the associated risks.
- Choose appropriate anchor points.
- Use climbing irons safely and efficiently.
- Carry out aerial rescue techniques.
This training is in preparation for NPTC Level 2 Award in tree climbing and rescue (CS38) and typically testing is arranged the week following training.
If trainees do not wish to proceed through to testing, a LANTRA certificate of attendance is issued following the completion of the training.
£540+VAT per person for the 5 day training course
Plus £205 (VAT exempt) NPTC registration and assessment fee.
Date & Time
27th September - 1st October
Mere Sands Wood Nature Reserve