This course is for a competent tree climber experienced at using the chainsaw on the ground and already holding units 30, 31, 38. Suitable for professional tree surgeons and arborists.
What will you learn?
- Understand the specific industry legislation and safety guidelines relevant to using a chainsaw from a rope and harness.
- Successfully identify the hazards and risks associated with the working area.
- Be able to carry out a basic level hazard evaluation of a tree.
- Demonstrate techniques for hauling chainsaws into the tree and attaching them appropriately to the harness.
- Carry out pre-start checks to the chainsaw and demonstrate cold and warm starting techniques.
- Understand the importance of secure and comfortable work positioning while using a chainsaw from a rope and harness to improve safety and work quality.
- Be able to explain the basic principles of natural target pruning.
- Demonstrate the appropriate use of a variety of different cuts including step cuts, sink cuts and natural target pruning cuts.
- Use top handled or lightweight rear handled chainsaws in a safe and efficient manner to remove light and medium weight branches.
- Be competent in the use of pulling ropes and slings to assist with the cut sections.
This training is in preparation for NPTC assessment (CS39) and typically testing is arranged 1-2 weeks following training.
If trainees do not wish to proceed through to testing a LANTRA certificate of attendance is issued following the completion of the training.
£350+VAT per person
3 day course plus half day assessment
Plus £165 (VAT exempt) NPTC registration/assessment fee
No Courses on The List at This Time
Can’t find a date to suit you?
Phone: 01695 228161