This course is typically for people who are seeking contractual work in professional forestry, amenity or utility arboriculture.
This unit is a pre-requisite of Level 3 Award Aerial Cutting of Trees Using Free-fall Techniques (CS39)
What will you learn?
- Understand the legislation relating to tree climbing.
- Identify a range of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) appropriate to work positioning systems.
- Identify hazards and manage the associated risks.
- Choose appropriate anchor points.
- Use climbing irons safely and efficiently.
- Carry out aerial rescue techniques.
This training is in preparation for NPTC Level 2 Award in tree climbing and rescue (CS38) and typically testing is arranged 1-2 weeks following training.
If trainees do not wish to proceed through to testing, a LANTRA certificate of attendance is issued following the completion of the training.
£540+VAT per person
5 day course plus half day assessment
Plus £215 (VAT exempt) NPTC registration/assessment fee
Can’t find a date to suit you?
Phone: 01695 228161