Training is usually conducted on site, however we are able to find appropriate sites and hire of a woodchipper for training if required.
What will you learn?
- Provision of site specific Risk Assessment.
- HSE regulations and safety guidelines.
- Appropriate use of PPE.
- Operator checks and safety features.
- Routine maintenance.
- Inspection and identification of faulty blades.
- Safety checks before during and after use.
- Preparation of work area and identification of hazardous material not to be chipped.
- Appropriate techniques to chip short and long sections of timber safely and effectively.
- Procedures for removing blockages.
- Environmental factors involving the disposal of waste.
- Preparation of machine for transport and storage.
This is a Lantra integrated training and assessment course and at completion a skills card and Lantra certificate will be awarded.
The certificate is then valid for 5 years
£720 per course
with up to 6 candidates, plus Lantra fee of £37 per person.
inclusive of VAT
No Courses on The List at This Time
Can’t find a date to suit you?
Please register your interest using the form below and we’ll be in touch.