Training is usually conducted on site, however we are able to find appropriate sites and hire of a stump grinder for training if required.
What will you learn?
- Production of a site specific risk assessment for stump grinding operation.
- Understand HSE legislation and safety guidelines for stump grinders.
- Use of correct PPE and understand maintenance requirements.
- Operator checks and identification of safety features.
- Carry out routine maintenance.
- Inspection and identification of defects on grinding mechanism.
- Preparation of machine prior to operation, start and stop the machine safely with safety checks.
- Preparation of work area and practice on a range of stumps for grinding.
- Identification of hazardous materials not to be ground.
- Use of approved techniques for safe and efficient grinding of a range of stump sizes.
- Understand and practice the procedure for removing blockages.
- Re-instate ground and deal with arising.
- Preparation of machine for transportation and storage.
This is a Lantra integrated training and assessment course and at completion a skills card and Lantra certificate will be awarded.
The certificate is then valid for 5 years.
£216 per person
1 day course including Lantra assessment.
inclusive of VAT and registration/assessment fee
No Courses on The List at This Time
Can’t find a date to suit you?
Please register your interest using the form below and we’ll be in touch.