Managers, supervisors, staff and operatives whose duties include organising or performing tasks for dealing with waste that may contain discarded needles (sharps) and other drug-related waste, or activities where injecting drug users might be present. This includes a wide variety of personnel in councils, housing associations, private contractors and others.
What will you learn?
- The law and guidelines relating to biohazards
- Assessing the increase in needle use
- Understanding which blood borne viruses pose a risk
- Identifying what the personal impact may be
- Discussing dynamic risk assessment
- Demonstrating safe use of PPE and equipment
At our place
£60 per person
half day course
• Course registration.
• Refreshments during the day.
Reminder service prior to expiry of qualification.
At your place
An on site course for up to 10 people would cost £600.
inclusive of VAT and registration/assessment fee
No Courses on The List at This Time
Can’t find a date to suit you?
Please register your interest using the form below and we’ll be in touch.