Training is usually conducted on site, however we are able to find appropriate sites and hire of a woodchipper for training if required.
What will you learn?
• Provision of site specific Risk Assessment.
• HSE regulations and safety guidelines.
• Appropriate use of PPE.
• Operator checks and safety features.
• Routine maintenance.
• Inspection and identification of faulty blades.
• Safety checks before during and after use.
• Preparation of work area and identification of hazardous material not to be chipped.
• Appropriate techniques to chip short and long sections of timber safely and effectively.
• Procedures for removing blockages.
• Environmental factors involving the disposal of waste.
• Preparation of machine for transport and storage.
This is a Lantra integrated training and assessment course and at completion a skills card and Lantra certificate will be awarded.
The certificate is then valid for 5 years